Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 20g hazelnuts
- 6 vegetarian Wellside Foods pancakes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 oranges
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
Our vegetarian pancakes are the perfect base for this vegetarian orange and chocolate dessert. The caramelised orange segments and crunchy hazelnuts top the pancakes in an indulgent manner, together with a luscious chocolate-maple sauce.
Pair with our vegetarian classic pancakes which can be cooked direct from frozen.
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Roughly chop the hazelnuts. Cut the peel off both the oranges. Slice one and a half of the oranges into segments. Squeeze the juice from the remaining half orange into a bowl.
- 2. Cook the pancakes according to the instructions.
- 3. To make the caramelised oranges; place the orange segments in the same pan on a medium heat with half of the maple syrup for 3 minutes or so until they start to turn golden. Add the orange juice to the pan and cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes until heated through.
- 4. To make the chocolate sauce; pour 100ml cold water into the jug. In a small saucepan, whisk together the cornflour with 1 tbsp of the cold water and the cocoa powder, before adding the remaining cold water and mix well. Heat the mixture on a low heat. Cook for a few minutes until thickening, then add the remaining maple syrup until you get a drizzling consistency.
- 5. Place the crepes on two warm plates, top with the caramelised oranges, drizzle with the chocolate sauce and sprinkle over the hazelnuts.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter