Ingredients – 1 Person
- 1 vegan croissant (per person)
- 50g vegan mozzarella
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 artichoke heart (optional)
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Rocket salad (or mixed green salad)
These Caprese-inspired Vegan Croissants will elevate your weekend breakfast or brunch to the next level! These packed-full croissants are generously heaped with all things Mediterranean and make a wonderful yet simple savoury breakfast treat that’ll satisfy your tastebuds.
There are some fantastic vegan offerings online including:
For an authentic Mediterranean taste, we included the following ingredients:
Basil pesto – we went with a store-bought vegan pesto, but you could add your own twist by making your own pesto instead.
Mozzarella cheese – use what you have at hand, whether it’s vegan mozzarella slices or replace with any other plain soft vegan cheese.
Sun-dried tomatoes – we used marinated sun-dried tomatoes and sliced them into thin stripes.
Artichoke hearts – completely optional; you can use marinated artichoke hearts but canned ones or fresh ones would do too..
Cherry tomatoes – use whichever tomatoes you have to hand and slice them up.
Rocket salad – as an alternative, you can use mixed greens and/or fresh basil leaves in this breakfast sandwich.
It’s fresh, packed with Mediterranean flavours with all the comforting buttery taste of a warm croissant. Heaven!
Our vegan croissants are available by the case, order them by visiting our Vegan Croissant page!
- 1. Bake the croissant(s) according to the cooking instructions. Leave to cool slightly.
- 2. Slice your croissant, lengthwise.
- 3. Spread the pesto and add all the above topping ingredients inside each croissant.
- 4. Serve warm, with a few fresh basil leaves if desired.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter