Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 20g cashew nuts
- 1 aubergine
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 200g Wellside carrot / spinach / hemp tagliatelle noodles
This colourful, lavish vegan ramen bowl makes a great dinner option for weekday or weekend cooking and the ideal alternative to an unhealthy takeaway. Served with crunchy carrot, mellow avocado (optional) and tamari-roasted cashew nuts.
Rāmen translates to pulled noodles and is a Japanese noodle soup. It consists of Chinese noodles served in broth and is often flavoured with soy sauce or miso, and uses toppings such as nori (dried seaweed) and scallions.
Add our vegan & organic carrot tagliatelle for a touch of colour. Alternatively, try our hemp or spinach vegan tagliatelle.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Add tagliatelle noodles to a pan of boiling water and pinch of salt. Cook as per instructions.
- 2. Thinly slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Cut the aubergine into 2cm pieces.
- 3. Place the aubergine on a baking tray and drizzle with half of the sesame oil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the miso pasta with the maple syrup and remaining sesame oil. Add the spring onions and cooked aubergine to this bowl, mix well to coat and spread out onto the same baking tray. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 5. In a bowl, mix the tamari with the cashew nuts. Spread the cashew nuts out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 6. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. Using a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler, peel and slice the carrot into long thin strips.
- 7. Spoon the tagliatelle into two warm bowls and top with the miso aubergine, the raw carrot, avocado slices and tamari nuts. Sprinkle the avocado with the sesame seeds and serve.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter